CACS302: Creative Arts Internship
If you are a hard-working, high performing student committed to progressing to a career in the field of creative arts there may be an opportunity for you in the Creative Arts Internship Program.
Successful students will spend a minimum of 60 hours in an organisation, working on an agreed project with exposure to a fully operational professional environment.
Applicants must be mature, engaging, articulate and willing to serve as ambassadors for the University. You should aspire to benefit from the experience professionally, culturally and personally.
Students are eligible to undertake a placement with an organisation provided they meet the following criteria:
- current and enrolled student at the University;
- approval is obtained from the Faculty/Department; and
- the Faculty/Department confirms that the Placement is related to the student’s studies.
Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest should be made to Jo Durtnell-Smydzuk in the first instance.
Students who wish to apply for this subject are required to organise their own internship. This will involve contacting local businesses and liaising with them regarding your start date, hours of availability and what you hope to achieve from the internship. Once the internship has been organised students will need to complete the documentation listed below and send it to Jo Durtnell-Smydzuk.
To complete your enrolment, successful applicants are required to:
- Complete an Internship Checklist
- Complete an Add Subjects - Faculty Approval form online
- Complete a Student External Work Placement Application
- Read the University's "Code of Practice - Student Professional Experience"
- EO Online: Complete Module 1 and print out the completion certificate
Please contact Teo via email for subject information.
Phone: +61 2 4298 1120