Proposals and Applications
Call for Proposals
Law Text Culture seeks proposals for special issues from potential guest editors annually. Information about the application process and publication process is available on this site. Proposals are to be provided to the Managing Editor by 30 May of any year, for publication the next year.
Next Deadline for Proposals
30 May 2018 for Volume 23 (due for publication in 2019)
Potential guest editors are encouraged to liaise with the Managing Editor to discuss their proposal or ideas for a special issue of Law Text Culture. All submitted proposals will be considered by the Board, and its decision will be made by 31 July. The successful guest editor/s will then develop the collection for publication in consultation with the managing editor.
Refer to Information for Guest Editors for more information on the role and time frames.
Please note that Law Text Culture does not seek or accept unsolicited articles and it does not publish book reviews.
Proposals of no more than 1000 words should include:
- a concise description of the proposed theme;
- a draft call for papers setting out the aims and concepts of the issue;
- an indication of the intended authors and how they are to be identified/contacted (eg whether the proposal arises out of a seminar series, conference or workshop);
- the range of genres (eg poetry, scholarly essays, visual arts etc) expected to be included in the edition; and
- brief details of the guest editor(s).