Website no longer in use...
Please note that this website is no longer in use.
For all current information about FIRE, please refer to our blog page
Our Aim is to:
- Build Indigenous research capacity and capability by supporting emerging researchers and providing pathways for Indigenous students to Higher Degree Research.
- Strengthen the connections between Indigenous scholars and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Australia and Indigenous communities internationally.
- Ensure that the benefits of research flow to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and that research knowledge is shared in partnership with those communities.
- Build strong foundations for Indigenous research partnerships internationally.
- Provide a research environment that supports the development and application of Indigenous knowledge to address contemporary challenges and opportunities.
From L - R
Maddee Clark, University of Melbourne, Andrew Farrell, University of Wollongong, A/Prof Alex Wilson, Univeristy of Saskatchewan, Tawhanga Nopera, University of Waikato, New Zealand A/Prof Qwo-Li Driskill, Oregon State University U.S., Dr Sandy O'Sullivan, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education, A/Prof Bronwyn Carlson,University of Wollongong, Dr Dee Sciascia, Massey University New Zealand.
Photo by by Adam Orvad, UOW
Supporting Indigenous Research Scholarship (SIRS) is a group supported by FIRE and NIRAKN. The aim is to build Indigenous research capacity at UOW by strengthening support for both current and future Indigenous students engaged in Higher Degree Research, including Honours, Masters, and PhD.