The Research branch of this site contains modules and resources (definitions) for research students.
The Resources offer an introduction to key issues in research (Overview). They supplement the coursework seminar program, and provide references and on-line password protected readings on the following:
- Developing a Topic
- Purposes and Styles of Research
- Research Questions
- Choosing Research Methods (with a number of types discussed)
- Overview of Resources
- Analysing Existing data
- Legal Research
- Policy Analysis
- Interviews & Questionnaires
- Case Studies
- Constructing Reasoned Arguments
- Inference (including the use of numbers and generalisation)
For a discussion of the rationale for this list of topics and how they relate to the coursework seminars read the Overview first.