Dean's Scholar Program
The Dean's Scholar Program in the Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts provides a facilitated path through the Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (BCMS), Bachelor of International Studies (BIS), Bachelor of Creative Arts (BCA) and Bachelor of Performance (BPerf) degrees with ‘value-adding’ along the way. More information for future students and current students is provided below.
The Program offers many benefits and enriches your education through:
- seminars and workshops
- leadership opportunities
- optional committee membership
- extended study loads to complete the degree in under the normal three years
- access to shared study area and work space
- textbook/resource allowance
- printing privileges
- exclusive end of year celebration
- extended library privileges
- guaranteed admission to Honours, provided appropriate supervision can be provided for the proposed topic
Whilst the Dean’s Scholar streams of the BA, BCMS, BIS and BCA degrees are not attached to a scholarship, students who wish to be considered for the program are encouraged to apply for the University’s Undergraduate, Residential, Foundation or Equity and Merit Scholarships. Find out more at our Scholarships site.
- B Arts (Dean’s Scholar)
- B Communication and Media Studies (Dean’s Scholar)
- B International Studies (Dean’s Scholar)
- B Creative Arts (Dean’s Scholar)
- B Performance (Dean's Scholar)
- B Arts / B Communication and Media Studies (Dean's Scholar)
- B Arts / B International Studies (Dean's Scholar)
- B Communication and Media Studies / B International Studies (Dean's Scholar)
Year 12 students who have met the required ATAR (90+) and have applied through UAC for one of the Dean's Scholar degrees listed above may be required to attend an interview.
To organise an interview, please contact Mark Hutchings at email@example.com with the following details:
- UAC number
- Contact phone number
- Dean’s Scholar degree you're applying for
Transferring into the Program (Current Students)
High achieving current students may be interested in transferring into the Dean’s Scholar program.
To be eligible for the program, applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in the B Arts (702); B Communication and Media Studies (798); B International Studies (1817), Bachelor of Creative Arts (840), B Politics, Philosophy and Economics (1870) or double degree
- Full-time student
- Successfully completed two full sessions of study or 8 subjects
- WAM (Weighted Average Mark) of at least 82
The Faculty will make initial contact with eligible students in December each year.
If you wish to apply after hearing from us, an explanation of your reasons for applying for admission to the Degree (250-500 words) and copies of any documents which may support your application should be included with your application.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of interview details and the decision will be based on academic performance and interview.
Note: ATAR scores are not considered as part of the selection process.